Virtual Reality Equipment and Systems
- Body movements 3-D Position Sensors.
- hand gestures sensing gloves
- Virtual feedback is sent via Stereo Displays.
- Tools used in Virtual Reality environments are divided into 3 parts.
- Mirror World
Hand gestures – sensing gloves
Virtual Feedback – Stereo Displays
Head Mounted Display Crystal Display (Head Mounted DispIay, HMD)
Development Process in Virtual Reality Scientific Studies in this field
- Virtual reality is a system made to mislead human emotions.
- This shows that the most important factor in virtual reality research is the human factor.
- The better the person’s senses are controlled, the more successful the system will be.
- Changing the value of gravitational acceleration, which is not possible in a real laboratory; The atmospheric gravity can be reduced to zero or a predetermined value but can be created in virtual environments.
- Virtual Reality learning includes an interactive, non-uniform teaching model that will reach students’ senses of sight, smell, hearing, touch, and hearing.
Functionality in Virtual Reality
- It is a simulation environment in which Computer graphics are used to create a world that looks real.
- Virtual reality is the act of activating all of the senses of the person and making them a part of the environment and the event.
- The user can not only see and control the graphic objects on the screen at his own will, but also touch and feel them.
The Most Widely Used Areas of Virtual Reality
- In war preparation works created in line with scenarios virtually in military fields
- Technician training in engineering fields, especially in nuclear studies (Cars Engine Assembly, Water Pump Assembly)
- In medical education, especially in applied medicine, a doctor can easily, safely and repeatedly perform a very dangerous operation.
- For the purpose of educating students in foreign language education
- Musicians produce music in virtual environments
- Service to culture with virtual museums
- Allows experiments to be carried out that would normally be dangerous or impossible to do.
- Train a Technician
- OHS Trainings
Education and Virtual Reality
- The development level of societies is generally measured by the science and technology they produce.
- One of the most positive aspects is that it gives the opportunity to do the work safely by being in an artificial environment that reflects the real situation and life exactly without facing the dangers that exist in the real world.
- Negatives; Complex and Expensive
- Virtual reality technology maximizes learning by interacting with the environments in which students live in education.
- It will be possible to use this technology, which will create the educational environments of the future, effectively in every field. Because the student learns by doing and living in virtual created environments.